Monday, April 23, 2012

My Quarter Mile


I realized the other day that I hadn’t blogged in a while. I tried to think if there was anything that had happened recently blog worthy. Nothing came to mind, until the next day. Now I have mentioned how short me route is. In fact, some of the sub’s call my route “stupid easy” since there are only a hand full of stops in a 1/4 mile. So on the next day I came to the first stop and one of my “big family” ( multiple kids) students got on and stated very matter of fact to me “my sister was up all night throwing up!” then continued her seat, as I sit there thinking to myself “ you were exposed to some sort of flu and now you just exposed me...GREAT!”.  I closed the doors and went to stop number two. As I got to this stop I could see one of my 3rd graders running for the bus, so I waited. When she walked up the stairs she says to me, “ I really should start drinking coffee so I won’t be late anymore” reminder she is a 3rd grader and about 8 yrs old! I just started laughing and closed the door. Now this next stop was something I have NEVER seen before...as I approached the stop I see this father in his car rushing to the stop with his child in the back seat. He jumps out opens the back door, let’s his daughter out and gives her a little push to hurry so she doesn’t miss the bus. He then turns around without looking and gets back into the car. He then shuts the car door and realizes he is in the back seat!  He then gets out of the back seat, looks around to see if anyone saw what he did then says something to his daughter like nothing happened. He gets back into the car and drives away. I could not stop laughing until I got to the next stop until I saw the “bus stop fashion mom’s”. You see on my route there is what I call “suburbia morning bus stop fashion”, and at the last stop this one particular morning I got just that!  What it is, are Mom’s standing there with Rubber or UGG boots, pajama pants, long coats to cover the backside, hair in pony tails and no makeup or makeup left on from the night before, with coffee cups in hand trying to wave or kiss their child while getting on the bus. Then there is the child trying to act like they don’t know who that women is! ( you know the look) 
Since that was my last stop of the morning I could not believe that all of those things just happened in less than 15 minutes in one day!  But they did and now I am sharing them with you...hope you got a chuckle out of this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment